Emergency Rental Assistance Program
As of January 28, 2022, we have issued 40,052 awards totaling $93,402,873.13
WHERE CAN I APPLY FOR RENTAL, UTILITY AND MORTGAGE ASSISTANCE?
- If you live in Doña Ana County – Apply Here
- If you live in Bernalillo County, outside of ABQ city limits – Apply Here
- If you live in any New Mexico county or within the Albuquerque city limits – Apply Here
- If you are a homeowner in New Mexico in need of utility assistance – Apply Here
- If you are a homeowner in New Mexico in need of mortgage assistance – Apply Here
Contact our representatives at 1-833-485-1334, if you have difficulty at any time completing an application.
Please Note: You will be getting emails about your application from DFARental.Programs@state.nm.us. Please look in your SPAM and JUNK folders for these emails.
WE WILL CONTINUE TO REVIEW, PROCESS AND AWARD ALL VALID APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED ON, BEFORE AND AFTER SEPTEMBER 30, 2021.
SYSTEM FOR PRIORITIZING ASSISTANCE
As applications to renthelpnm.org are processed, priorities are assigned providing a “high priority” status for those who have incomes less than 50% area median income or who are on unemployment or who are in the eviction process. This prioritization allows managers to sort awards ready for final review/approval by priority status and take the high priority applications first. The decision to also rate those in the eviction process as high priority reflects renthelpnm.org’s focus on keeping families housed by moving resources quickly to those in imminent danger of losing their homes.
COVID-19 Housing Cost Assistance Program Income Limits by County and Number of Occupants
FY2020 State of New Mexico Fair Market Rent Rates per County
FY2021 State of New Mexico Fair Market Rent Rates per County
FINAL FY2021 New Mexico FMR Metropolitan Area Summary